Cell service works best at our house with mobile phone set to make calls over WiFi. There is some service and we have a cell phone booster. There are emergency call-boxes on Highway One at mile markers 58.30, 56.30, 54.50, 53.90, 52.30, 50.90). We are between 58.30 and 56.30.
- Check Maps app mobile phone
- https://cad.chp.ca.gov/Traffic.aspx (search, custom, bay area – santa rosa or Mendocino – Ukiah. Ctrl (or Cmd) key to select both together)
- https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/ transportation/road-closures – Mendocino County Department of Transportation
- https://roads.dot.ca.gov (caltrans road check)
- https://roadclosures-sonomacounty.hub.arcgis.com or http://roadconditions.sonoma-county.org – Sonoma Country roads
- Radio Stations
KTDE (100.5 FM) http://ktde.com/ 707-884-3000
KGUA (88.3) http://kgua.org/ 707-884-4883
KSRO Santa Rosa (103.5 FM, 94.5 FM, 1350 AM) https://www.ksro.com/
- National Weather Service (zip code: 95497):
Other Tips and Resources
- Tick protection & Removal
- PG&E Outages Info – https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter/
- Wildfire and Weather – https://gualalariver.org/weather-wildfire/
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Call 911 for Emergencies
- Overall Sea Ranch Emergency Info: https://www.tsra.org/emergencies/
- The Sea Ranch Security – 707-785-2701 urgent (e.g. vandalism, disturbance, mountain lion sighting), 707-785-2648 non-urgent
- Sea Ranch Emergency Broadcast info: 866-716-4911 (provide org ID: 8390625#)
- Basic services and an urgent care clinic are at Redwood Coast Medical Services. Call 707-884-4005.
- Air ambulance membership available via www.airmedcarenetwork.com. (In 2022, $65 per family if one member at least 60), referral via our household ID: 4552129).
- Cell service works best at our house with mobile phone set to make calls over wifi. There is some service and we have a cell phone booster.